Cord Blood Awareness Month
The term “cord blood” is used to describe the blood that remains in the umbilical cord and the placenta after the birth of a baby…………….
Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Month
What is Cystic Fibrosis???
Cystic fibrosis is a genetic, life-threatening disease which affects the digestive and respiratory systems………………………..
National Distracted Driving Awareness Month
• A distracted driver is anything that takes your eyes off the road when you drive ……….
National Sleep Awareness Week
For some, coming home for a long day of work makes it easy to fall asleep at night. However, many others may have trouble actually falling asleep at some point in their lives. It’s recommend adults get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night………….
American Heart Month
Did you know heart disease is the leading cause of death for men and women in the United States??? …………
National Birth Defects Prevention Month
Did you know that birth defects are common??? ……….
National Handwashing Awareness Week
Did you know one of the best ways to stop the spread of germs is to simply washing your hands???
In order to wash your hands properly, it should be at least 20 seconds, which is the same as humming the “Happy Birthday” song twice!………………………
November is Alzheimer’s Awareness Month
Did you know more than 5 million people in the United States have Alzheimer’s and more than 10 million are caring for a loved one with the disease??…………..
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
So what is breast cancer??
Breast cancer is a group of cancer cells (malignant tumor) that starts in the cells of the breast.
Facts about Breast Cancer in the United ……..
September is PROSTATE CANCER Awareness Month
Did you know that prostate cancer is second leading cause of cancer death of U.S. men?
Well, most men don’t even have symptoms while others have frequent urination or a weak flow of urine.
Should You Get Screened?……..
August is National Psoriasis Awareness Month!
So what is psoriasis??
Psoriasis is a chronic, noncontagious, genetic autoimmune disease that appears on the skin in red, scaly patches that itch, crack and bleed.
What causes psoriasis?
A faulty immune system and genetics trigger the disease and there is no cure. However, there is treatments available for people who live with this disease and the National Psoriasis Foundation has been raising money to find a cure.
You can learn more psoriasis at http://patienttalk.org/national-psoriasis-awareness-month-five-things-you-need-to-know-about-psoriasis/
UV SAFETY MONTH
Everyone enjoys being out for the summer, the sun feels so nice and warm on our skin which makes us feel good. However, did you know that according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in the United States???……………..
MEN’S HEALTH WEEK
Did you know what this week is???
Starting Monday, June 13, is men’s health week. Check out the men’s health resources section when you click on the link below. Once you’re there, you will find different health conditions topics. ………….
NATIONAL WOMEN'S HEALTH WEEK
Did you know what this week is??
Starting this week on Sunday, May 8, is national women’s health week. Find out what steps you can take to maintain good health. Please check out the link below on women’s health and select the appropriate group…………………..
ACCESS YOUR WORK ANYWHERE
- Do you forget to save your schoolwork?
- Do find yourself misplacing or losing your USB drive at home or at school?
- Did you know that google drive allows 15 gigs of FREE storage space?
WHY JOIN A PROFESSIONAL NURSING ORGANIZATION?
– Have you had trouble finding a nursing job?
– Have you wanted to stay on top of the nursing profession?
– Do you want to link up with other nursing professionals?
CAREER TIPS: BRAND YOURSELF!
So what does that mean? Well, have you been reading my career tips??? 80 percent of jobs come from networking. Perception is reality!
- The first rule of job searching is networking various professional organizations
- Dress for success and make sure your outfit is clean and ironed.
- Target your audience by knowing your strengths
- How are you different from everyone else?
- Know your priorities to get ahead in a job
- Find out how your peers perceive you………
– Did you know that 1 of 68 children in the US had ASD?
– Did you know that 1 in 42 boys has Autism and 4.5 times as many girls. Making that 1 in every 189 girls.