Medical Microbiology Links:
Microbiology Courses / Supplements / References
- Neal Chamberlain’s Medical Microbiology
- Baron’s Medical Microbiology, Fourth Edition
- Cells Alive Multimedia Microbe/Cell Homepage
- Digital learning Center for Microbial Ecology
- Medical Dictionary: MedlinePlus
- eMedicine Online Medical Dictionary
- Dictionary.com Medical Dictionary
- WebMD Medical Dictionary
- mediLexicon Medical Dictionary
Glossaries / Indices / Databases
- Glossary of Microbiology
- Glossary of Genetic Terms
- TIGR Microbial Database
- Microbial Ecology
- Microbiology Network
- List of Bacterial Names with Standing in Nomenclature
- The Glossary of Common Viruses
- E. coli Genome Center
- Encyclopedia of E. coli Genes and Metabolism
- E. coli Genetic Stock Center
- E. coli Database Collection Homepage
- National Institutes of Health
- Centers for Disease Control
- American Medical Association
- American Society for Microbiology
- World Health Organization
- Environmental Protection Agency
- The American Society of Tropical Medicine & Hygiene
- American Type Culture Collection
- Medscape Infectious Diseases Home Page
Medical Microbiology Government resources
This federal site includes a wealth of information about AIDS, including HIV vaccine research.
From CDC’s homepage, choose the “Diseases and Conditions” button. The subsite’s A-Z list at top provides links to information on hundreds of diseases and conditions.
This open-access journal publishes articles across the research spectrum of Immunology. The site includes four specialty journals: Immunological Questions, Immune Recognition Molecules, Immune Effector Molecules, and Immunological Disorders and Diseases.
See Health & Research Topics A-Z. Each topic links offers a vareity of information and background.
WHO’s Topics page includes links to many information-rich subsites, including influenza and other viral infections; parasitic diseases; and HIV/AIDS. Another subsite lists dieases alphabetically and by type.