Educational resources in Mathematics, mainly school and college level
InterAct Math is designed to help you succeed in your math course!
A UK service which gives you the opportunity to study important areas of pre-university mathematics, which you may have studied before or may be new to you – the maths you know you will need for your course.
The web’s most extensive mathematics resource
gateway to Mathematics resources of all sorts, from the AMS
A portal to mathematics websites.
the web’s most extensive mathematics resources
Resource that details career paths outside academia for anyone majoring in applied mathematics or computational science.
About Julie and this site
She earned my B.A. in math and her single subject teaching credential at UC Santa Barbara. After teaching at her alma mater (Vista High school), Julie attended UC San Diego where she earned my masters in math
Please note this is use to CHECK your homework!!!
Wolfram Alpha introduces a fundamentally new way to get knowledge and answers—
not by searching the web, but by doing dynamic computations based on a vast collection of built-in data, algorithms, and methods.
Math is fun offer mathematics in an enjoyable and easy-to-learn manner, because we believe that mathematics is fun.
Conceptual videos and worked examples from basic algebra through algebra 2. Includes videos from the former algebra worked examples playlists.
- Videos exploring why algebra was developed and how it helps us explain our world.
- Solving one-step and multi-step equations in one variable.
- Understanding the coordinate plane, slope, and intercept. Writing, solving, and graphing linear equations and inequalities.
- Solving a system of equations or inequalities in two variables by elimination, substitution, and graphing.
- Solving and writing algebraic ratios and proportions. Solving rational equations.
- Understanding absolute value and solving absolute value equations and inequalities.
- Solving exponential and radical expressions and equations. Using scientific notation and significant figures.
- Understanding and solving logarithms, including natural logs.
- Using polynomial expressions and factoring polynomials.
- Solving quadratics through factoring, completing the square, graphing, and the quadratic equation.
- Identifying, solving, and graphing various types of functions.
- Identifying and graphing circles, ellipses, parabolas, and hyperbolas.
- Understanding and solving equations with imaginary numbers.
- Understanding and solving matrices.
Videos on geometry. After Basic Geometry list, videos assume you know introductory algebra concepts. After these videos, you’ll be ready for Trigonometry.
- Understanding the purpose, notation, and building blocks of geometry.
- Identifying, measuring, and calculating angles.
- Identifying types of triangles, using principles of similarity and congruence, and applying and proving triangle postulates.
- Identifying types of quadrilaterals, finding measurements, and applying and proving postulates.
- Finding measurements and applying and proving circle theorems.
- 80 problems from the released questions from the California Standards Test for Geometry. Basic understanding of Algebra I necessary.
- Videos on trigonometry. Watch the “Geometry” playlist first if you have trouble understanding the topics covered here.
Statistics & Probability Tutorials
These videos will help you develop foundational skills in both areas of probability and statistics.
- Probability is simply how likely something is to happen
- Whenever we’re unsure about the outcome of an event, we can talk about the probabilities of certain outcomes (how likely they are). The analysis of events governed by probability is called statistics.
- Basic probability. Should have a reasonable grounding in basic algebra before watching.
- Introduction to statistics. Will eventually cover all of the major topics in a first-year statistics course.